Teachers' Travel Award
The aim of this award is to encourage ASM members involved in teaching microbiology at the tertiary level to attend the annual scientific meeting of the Australian Society for Microbiology.
- be a member of the ASM of twelve (12) months standing at the time of application
- be employed fulltime, part time or sessionally
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of recommendation from the applicants Head of the Department confirming involvement in and commitment to a teaching program
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
- a brief synopsis of the applicants area of interest in education
Conditions of the Award
The synopsis would provide the basis for a poster presentation or participation in a session organised by the Education Special Interest Group at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award consists of up to $1,000 in travel expenses for the recipient to attend the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award will be made on merit and will be determined by the Executive Committee and a nominee of Ed SIG.
Applications should be sent to the National Office Manager (email@example.com) Closing date for applications: March 31st of any year Acknowledgement: An acknowledgement will be emailed within 5 business days of receiving your application - if this has not been received, please contact the ASM National Office - Tel: 1300 656 423
Previous Award Winners