Careers & Scholarships
If you have a job or scholarship that you feel will be of interest to our membership, please email full details with closing date to the National Office: email@example.com
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Department of Health – Range of scientific roles
Do you want the chance to make a significant contribution to the health and safety of the Australian public? The TGA, which is part of the Commonwealth Department of Health, is currently recruiting to a range of scientific roles and is seeking people who are keen to be part of a dynamic organisation that has responsibility for the quality and safety of therapeutic products used by Australians.
- Scientists (Scientific Evaluators) in a broad range of disciplines
- Scientific support positions, including secretariat and case managers
We have roles at various classifications.
Some of the benefits of working for the TGA include:
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Competitive working conditions
- To be eligible for employment with the Department of Health applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
- Mandatory Qualifications apply – refer to individual applicant kits for more information.
- Candidates will also be required to satisfy an Australian Federal Police criminal history check and must complete a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
See the application kits at http://tga.gov.au/about/employ.htm for more information on positions and application closing dates.
Expressions of Interest – Advisory Committee members
Expressions of interest are invited from Pathologists and Senior Medical Scientists with qualifications in Molecular Infectious Diseases (Microbiology/Serology), to join the RCPAQAP Molecular Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee. This position is an honorary position to assist the Chair and Discipline Manager in providing advice on the clinical and scientific aspects of the survey modules issued in the Molecular Infectious Diseases program. Expertise in Molecular Infectious Diseases testing, interpretation and reporting with an interest in advancing molecular testing expertise will be required for this position and the applicant should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field.
Committee membership is for three years with possible renewal of one further term. The position responsibilities are outlined in the RCPAQAP Advisory Committee Terms of Reference. For a copy of this document or to submit an expressions of interest please contact Joanna Gray (Molecular Infectious Diseases/Biosecurity Quality Assurance Program Manager) Joanna.Gray@rcpaqap.com.au
The closing date for applications is 14th April 2018.