ASM Communication Ambassador Program
Applications for ASM Communication Ambassador Program now open:
The ASM is looking for teams of members to volunteer as part of a roster of Communication Ambassadors within the society. Communication Ambassadors will contribute to ASM’s communication channels by volunteering at ASM events, showcasing your work, and serving as a public advocate for microbiology.
In 2018, the ASM will provide all successful applicants with professional communication training through The Social Science (https://thesocialscience.com.au). The training will cover social media strategies, fostering a personal brand online, and becoming an online influencer in science and beyond.
To apply for the 2018 program, please submit an Expression of Interest (maximum 200 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Thursday 1st of March 2018 and highlight the following
1. Your name, institution, qualifications, area of interest within microbiology, and ASM membership status;
2. How you wish to contribute to the program. Some key initiatives include (but are not limited to):
- Social media coverage (Twitter, Facebook, Blog) of science news, initiatives, and meetings;
- Photography and videography at ASM meetings, including processing and file hand-over;
- Welcome conference delegates at the registration desk, poster, and symposia sessions throughout ASM meetings;
- Develop podcasting opportunities for ASM, to interview scientists and promote stories in microbiology.
3. What conferences, scientific meetings, or events you can provide coverage for in 2018. We strongly encourage communication ambassadors to attend ASM scientific meetings.
We are looking for enthusiastic members who are keen to contribute - past Communication Ambassadors are eligible to apply.