ASM CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY TRAVEL AWARD
The aim of this award is to encourage ASM members working in the field of clinical microbiology to attend the annual scientific meeting of the Australian Society for Microbiology.
The award consists of up to $1,000 in travel expenses for the recipient to attend the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
+ Eligibility Requirements
- be a member of the ASM of twelve (12) months standing at the time of application
- be employed fulltime, part time or sessionally
+ Application Requirements
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- Be employed part time or full time. (Sessional unlikely to qualify for this award)
- a letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the applicant confirming involvement in and commitment to innovation in diagnostic practices
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
- a brief synopsis of the applicants area of interest in diagnostic practices and how attending the meeting will further your career
+ Conditions of Award
- The synopsis would provide the basis for a poster presentation or participation in a session organised at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting
+ Award Review Committee
The award will be determined by the Executive Committee and a Clinical Microbiologist nominee.
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS
Pei Vern Fong