ASM HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP
Honorary Life status is the highest membership recognition given by the Society and carries with it all the rights and privileges of a Member or Fellow together with exemption from payment of the annual membership subscription.
The recipients receive an embossed certificate, announced and presented at the ASM Annual General Meeting during the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
+ Eligibility Requirements
- Nominees must have been a member of the Society for at least five consecutive years and currently must be a financial member.
+ Application Requirements
Applications must include:
- a nomination signed by (one) 1 proposer, (one) 1 seconder and 5 other signatories each of whom shall be a Member or Fellow of the Society
- a complete curriculum vitae together with a condensed summary and photograph suitable for publication in Microbiology Australia
- a statement summarising the nominee's major contributions to the discipline and/or practice of microbiology to the Society or to both, together with information attesting to the high personal and professional standards of conduct of the candidate
- a bibliography of scientific publication and/or contributions to the relevant area of microbiology
All nominations will be reviewed and assessed by the Executive. National Council will then consider Executive's recommendation before making a final decision.
*No more than 3 Honorary Life Members shall be elected in any one year.
*Please indicate the award in the subject line
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS
Roy Robins-Browne, John Turnidge & John Mackenzie
Chris Burke & Julian Rood
Cheryl Power & Pat Blackall
D Groot Obbink
D White & A Wicken
R Doherty & P Cooper
S Faine, K C Marshall & E G Westaway
G N Cooper & F W E Gibson
D I Annear, J H B Christian, E L French, J M Goldsmid, B P Marion & N F Millis
W G Murrell, B C Rankine & V B D Skerman
G C Simmons
S F Dixon
G Buckle & A A Ferris
F J Fenner
J M Vincent
N Atkinson & P M Rountree
F M Burne & R Mushin