ASM TEACHERS’ TRAVEL AWARD
The aim of this award is to encourage ASM members involved in teaching microbiology at the tertiary level to attend the annual scientific meeting of the Australian Society for Microbiology.
The recipient receives a plaque given at the meeting’s award ceremony, $1000 prize money and a full conference registration to the Annual Scientific Meeting.
+ Eligibility Requirements
- be a member of the ASM of twelve (12) months standing at the time of application
- be employed fulltime, part time or sessionally
+ Application Requirements
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of recommendation from the applicants Head of the Department confirming involvement in and commitment to a teaching program
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
- a brief synopsis of the applicants area of interest in education
+ Conditions of Award
The synopsis would provide the basis for a poster presentation or participation in a session organised by the Education Special Interest Group at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
+ Award Review Committee
The award will be determined by the Executive Committee and a nominee of the Ed SIG.
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS