ASM LYN GILBERT AWARD
The purpose of this award is to recognise major contributions in any area of diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally by ASM members/fellows.
The recipient of the Lyn Gilbert Award are expected to present 15 minutes presentations at the current year’s Annual Scientific Meeting. They will also receive a plaque given at the meeting’s award ceremony, $1000 prize money, a full conference registration to the Annual Scientific Meeting and up to 3 nights accommodation.
+ Eligibility Requirements
- have been a member of the society in any category for at least two years and must currently be a MASM or FASM.
- have made a major contribution to the advancement of diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally as evidenced by their peers and/or through publication or patent.
+ Application Requirements
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- a one to two page summary of contribution to diagnostic laboratory microbiology in Australia or internationally
- a brief statement addressing the essential selection criteria
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees
+ Conditions of Award
Applicants need to show that their contribution was made while substantially based in Australia. The recipient are required to present the Gilbert Lecture at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
+ Award Review Committee
The award will be made on merit. The award committee will consist of the ASM President, Immediate Past President, President Elect and a nominee from the EdSIG.
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS